Pages

19 October 2009

Vietnamese striker scores first goal in Portugal



Le Cong Vinh, who is the first Vietnamese player to play in an European top league, made the first goal for Leixoes in the 43rd minute of their Casa Pia match on October 18, contributing to Leixoes’ 2-1 victory.

This is Vinh’s second match at the Portuguese Football Championship 2009 as the key Leixoes player. He played in a pair with Leixoes’ major striker Pouga, who returned after recovering from an injury.

This is the first official goal Vinh has scored for Leixoes after nearly two months in Portugal.

Cong Vinh left the match in the 60th minute to make room for Jean Sony. In the 62nd minute, Leixoes made a second goal. One minute later, Casa Pia earned its only goal.

Coach Mota was not happy, saying that many players didn’t perform well, but he had commented positively on Vinh.

“Cong Vinh had a good match,” the coach stated. “He made a goal and moved actively. I’m satisfied with him. He needs to save his strength for other matches, so I withdrew him early.”

Le Cong Vinh was very happy. He said: “I’ve tried my best. I’m very happy to play for Leixoes. This goal was very special for me, similar to my goal at the AFF Cup. This is the second memorable moment in my career, after the goal I made at the final match of AFF Cup 2008.”

Vinh said that he must try further to gain a firm foothold in the Leixoes club.


No comments:

Post a Comment