24 October 2009
Huynh Kesley Alves favourite for Golden Boot
Brazilian-born Huynh Kesley Alves, who was naturalized early this year, is still staying on top among candidates for the Vietnam Golden Boot 2009 award. This is a dedicated award for Vietnamese players.
1. Huynh Kesley Alves (Binh Duong) - 57 points (17 goals)
2. Nguyen Vu Phong (Binh Duong) - 48 points (15 goals)
3. Le Cong Vinh (T&T Ha Noi) - 46 points (15 goals)
4. Hoang Dinh Tung (Thanh Hoa) - 39 points (12 goals)
5. Nguyen Quang Hai (Khanh Hoa) - 28 points (10 goals)
6. Nguyen Anh Duc (Binh Duong) - 27 points (8 goals)
Points are calculated from number of goals scored in particular competitions: FIFA official international competitions (4 points per goal), ACL and AFC Cup (4 points), V-League (3 points), First Division (2 points), National Cup (2 points), Super Cup (2 points) and Vietnam NT's friendly matches (1 point). The race for the award will continue until the end of 2009. The final results will be announced in January 2010.